Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy.

The thing that inspires me in the moment right now are the things that make me happy.
  • It's like tonight, after my parents having residual feelings of 'upset'ness at me, I went to say goodbye for the night, and opened my arms to hug my dad (for us, still a new feat you must keep in mind) and his arm opened for me to hug him. That's the first time I can remember!
  • Yoga. For those of you who think yoga is an exercise that will lull you into sleep, you haven't done real yoga. It is intense and there's no other exercise or sport that compares to it for me. There's nothing like being in a pose, straining with every fiber of your being to keep yourself maintained and in position. To get to the best part, you've got to wait a good 20 minutes til your body is hot and limber enough to perform the stretches and poses. You can feel the heat radiating from your head. I LOVE IT. The sweat is so cleansing and you feel magnificent afterward. I love yoga because it is so patient and intense. I only did yoga once a week last year, but I felt the effects well into the rest of the week and it got me into the best shape of my life (at the time). I know my best shape is yet to come.
  • Photography. I love love love going on photo shoots. Probably one of the best things is after the fact, reviewing the photos and picking my favorites. Another really amazing thing I find about it is seeing an image in my head based on the vast panorama I'm seeing and highlighting and cropping that vision. It's so rewarding because... "I MADE THIS!" I will make a website in the future of some of my favorite shots I've taken.
:) Remember the things that make your life happy and whole, and build your life around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment