Monday, May 24, 2010

Laughter.

In an email signature, it read: "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." - E.E. Cummings. In regards to laughter, this mannequin is ridiculously hilarious. Please, anyone, do not wear this. Especially not that high on your torso.

So, at a meeting today, we video conferenced with some of the IDE folks from San Ramon. And while at times it seemed to be egos preventing other forces from pushing the blame or responsibility on others, I just adored something about it all. The times when the tension was released in laughter. Most of it was my vivacious coworker. She has this amazing ability to punctuate really tense moments with laugh out loud humor.

It was a bit bi-polar - we would weave through the conversation giving updates on what needed to occur and the progress that's been going on, and it would get tense and very straight-shooter type talk, and then it would reach a crescendo and that energy was released in a laugh.

:) I am enjoying the laughs, because even though this is a very important experience for me to go through, I will remember the way I feel around these people. I'll remember the respect they have for me, but also just sometimes kicking back and being fun loving as well.

LAUGH, LAUGH, LAUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment