Thursday, May 6, 2010

Airplanes.

Everyone has heard the song by B.o.B. Airplanes ft. Hayley Williams.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."

On the topic of wishes - I wish, for my life to be someone that could be universally understood.

The expressions on my face and the love from my heart would speak more than enough than the clothes on my body, the tone of my skin, the inability to speak their native tongue, and more. It's a very ambitious goal, but sometimes you feel love from someone who hasn't even verbalized it. They smile. They exude. Nonverbal signals. They speak with their eyes.

I want to focus on the commonalities I have with people. Why do we focus on the differences and are so quick to put up dividing lines?

I would love to travel the world, and meet people of all walks of life, friendly people who would love to trade the currency of love and compassion. That is my wish right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment