Saturday, December 4, 2010

Discomfort.

When someone comments or talks about my blog in person, I get a wee bit embarrassed. It's a little uncomfortable to me, because the state of focus I have to get to write such raw and expressive posts is pretty intense. And also, I find it extremely humbling that someone would read what I write. I'm extremely appreciative at having the air time, when there are so many competing mediums for someone's attention.

Of course, I did this exposure to myself. I want this. But it doesn't mean it's not hard.

The point is, it keeps me honest. It keeps me in the raw.

So my friends, take it as a good thing if I'm at a loss for words or I can only give knee-jerk responses like nod my head or something rudimentary when you mention my blog. It's something so personal that I can't begin to converse about what I write about like it's a movie or book. After all... it's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment