Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Other Dad.

When I was younger I thought that my parents didn't get back together after they divorced because it wasn't legally possible.

I always stirred in the morning when my dad went to work; I didn't want to see him go. We lived in a small apartment on the 2nd floor. He would always turn on PBS in the morning so I could watch Barney or Sesame Street. I'd eat hot dogs for breakfast. He would put it in the microwave and cut it into small pieces, and I thought it was the best thing in the world.

I remember staring at the railing and seeing him walk off in the distance.

I have two dads, and while one always wants me to have the best and experience lavishness, I have another that keeps me grounded and has me remember that it's easily possible to have little materially, but to still have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment