Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Spark.

In my previous post, the gentleman I referred to I later learned to have a girlfriend.

Of course I was deeply saddened. I like to say I have great intuition but sometimes I learn that my predictions are far from the truth.

I have two more tales I want to share of recent experiences where I felt that magical 'spark' with someone. Despite what happens, if anything, in the future, I just have to note these as being joyful experiences. When I spark with someone, my mind starts to travel at the speed of light, and the possibilities just seem... endless. I have an appreciation for these moments in and of themselves, and I thank these individuals. If anything, I'll have the memory.

So story #1. Ah. So, I bought my dad a flying lesson for his birthday and it turns out he is terrified of flying in planes. For the record, he hid this fear very well. :) So here I am, stuck with an awesome gift. I could have given it to someone else, shopping it around until someone desired it. But in life there are no victims, just volunteers, so I decided you know what, I want to fly a plane! :) I know. Didn't think this day would come. So after making reservations, I arrive on the day of, not wanting to come because it was very out of my comfort zone. Yikes. I walk in the door and after some preliminary introductions, I discover that instructor is 21 but has 3 years of experience. He seemed very professional (stiff) at first, and as we talked more and more, he opened up to me and shared some pretty funny stories about flying and being called 'White Trailer Trash' from someone at Walmart. He told me he started flying at such a young age, 18, and 3 years later, moved thousands of miles away from home in Michigan to start this career. He was very charming and although I was nervous and my palms were sweating at the prospect of flying a plane in the air, he calmed me down considerably with his easy going demeanor. He was one of those individuals that is really a pleasure to talk to with such an interesting story.

Tale #2. Sigh. I'm at the UNICEF hunger banquet and talent show. I was standing in line, and remembered that this is my domain. So I felt very comfortable and using the convenience of proximity I asked the person nearest me, what their name was. From there, someone chimed in that I was one of the previous Presidents of UNICEF. I of course, had to ask a particular question. He sold me when he told me the reason why he loved UNICEF. His answer seemed very sincere, and it sounded like it came from his heart. He spoke up an upbringing in Venezuela and soccer games that used rocks instead of balls. It broke my heart, but it of course made my heart smile at what it's catalyzed him to do. Throughout the night I witnessed him garner more donations from individuals from table to table. It was sincere the way he asked, and being in his shoes, I have to say, it is an extremely hard thing to do. When I chatted with him before I left, I was sold and blown away by his charisma, character, and charm. I don't often say this about people, but I met a shining star that night. I hope he becomes the President of UNICEF in the future.

And these are 2 people that made me forget about the concept of time. Very happy moments in my life. I feel blessed that I'm alive and I'm able to have these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment