Sunday, March 14, 2010

90's Dance Party.

I am surprised one of my favorite classes is SCM. A group of people have emerged to become friends of mine. We studied for our first exam together and we all garnered A's.

We all know how to have fun as well.

I went to Kat's dance party. Finding parking almost did me in. There were no spots open. I made me way around, U-turned, and planned on parking in a 30 minute only spot in front of another apartment complex, under the assumption that nothing will happen at this hour. I almost decided for it until I realized the amount of road to my left was not spacious enough to allow for another car to fit through. I felt like my car was begging to be towed.

I decided to try her apartment complex one more time. I called her to no response -- to try to get her advice, so I could only move forward with my plan. I met a vacated spot. I parked. Hooray!

I then met a locked apartment gate. I saw her apartment number with people socializing outside on the walkway. I politely but loudly asked for them to open the gate.

And that's when it started.

It's one of my life goals to be able to be with any group of people and be comfortable because I am a global citizen. I think one of the greatest things someone can give you is the gift of perspective. I widened it considerably that night. It was not the crowd I usually find myself with. So I came with a very open-mind, and the objective to have a great time, and just dance.

I did. It was very very enjoyable. Not all the music was from the 90s and that's when we yelled, "Anachronism" and "Inaccuracy!" Haha.

Some folks decided to stand outside and watch the parking lot instead. Their loss. We decided to bring the party by dancing up a storm. I had a great time, and that's the mentality I bring forth. I love watching other people dance as well, and to be inspired by their movements and expression. I admire. I emulate. I express. I think of the energies involved and I can't wait to do it all over again.

Dancing is great. Who cares who is watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment