Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ice Cream and Swimming Pools.

I've begun to realize that when I was younger, I lived in a great neighborhood.

I had a lot of neighbors that loved to play games: red rover, hide and seek, tag, and a slew of mischievous things like go in our neighbors yard and go in their hot tub when they were away even though we couldn't turn it on. :)

They gave me the childhood that if I had to do all over again, I would choose.

They were the personality I never had. I was extremely shy, never wanting to confront a personality and to do anything that was remotely outgoing.

We had days where the ice cream truck would come around and we would flock to it like flies. My dad would always get us whatever we wanted. I didn't really care for ice cream but I got the Flintstones push-pops anyway.

We had an above ground pool and all of my neighbors loved going swimming and my brother too, and I did it just to be with friends. :) Now I love the pool. I love ice cream. I love life. I don't take it for granted, and I love what it has to offer me. It owes me nothing but it's given me my everything. What more could I want?!

I simply had the BEST childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment