Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday.

I love the sounds of my neighbor's lawn mower cutting the grass. It's a familiar sound I associate with calming consistency. Grasses always grow and the long green blades need to be cut. There's a natural order and I like that cycle of life.

Birds chirp on my window sill.

The sun is bright but not overpowering like the summer sun. There's so much beauty.

Neighbors take their dogs for a walk.

There's much less hustle and bustle because it's a Sunday. The world moves at a much slower pace. Monday, the pace quickens, so it's nice to inhale this steady, slow pace of Sunday.

There's no rush. There's just familiarity. I appreciate these moments as much as those ones that give me the adrenaline rush of not knowing what to expect.

Zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment