Monday, May 31, 2010

Wonderwall.

I sang to an audience of two.

But it didn't matter.

I was coming full circle.

A few years ago, it was the first time I sang karaoke. I sang it with one of my best friend's friend in Austin at a birthday.

This friend of a friend just gave me the mic, and this was a song I hardly knew, Oasis' Wonderwall.

I sang it as best as I could. I sang timidly. And I did it while sitting down, allowing this friend of a friend to supercede me.

That's how far I've come.

I went on a stage (that's the beauty of Spotlight Karaoke).

I sat on a stool for this emotive performance.

And I belted my heart out for a true rendition of Wonderwall.

:) There was less of an audience, but I really felt like I did the song justice. It was an amazing feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment