Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spirit of Unity.

Mr. Osteen, you rock.

He talked about the spirit of unity and that's something I need to hold more sacred. People are going in all sorts of scattered directions. And that's a symptom of life but we can mitigate the effects of such so that it's not a full out... Gulf oil spill of epic proportions. Ah, my heart is definitely in the Gulf and with the 11 families and countless amounts of marine life and all the hotel, restaurant, and fishing industries affected. But that's a tangent on it's own!

A great quote Joel said: "I'm going to slow down and connect with the people I love. I'm not going to take my relationships for granted."

It's fine and dandy to live fast. I think it's a thrilling feeling, especially to get that spice of life. You definitely have this Gatorade adrenaline in your veins, and your senses are heightened. But that newness loses its clarity and focus when you stop to look around and do not get to bask in life's strides with friends and family. It's a check and balance and you can't veer too far into either realm. I think it's time to scale back a bit. I just have to use my time smarter. I don't have to necessarily work harder.

So I'll be paying a visit to my family this weekend, which is really overdue. I went home last weekend, only for a short gathering with my relatives so they could debrief on their 12 day European cruise. Time for quality! And when I get my first paycheck, I'm taking them outtttttt for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment