Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crushes.

A long time ago, when I was new to the dating world, my cousin said that having a crush on someone is the best part of the relationship. She said, "Yeah, everything goes downhill from there. You figure out their flaws and you might get in a relationship with them, which may be great, but still, it's work." I agree that crushes are such a fun thing to have. I adore it when I'm like this. I feel even more ALIVE. :)

The one I have right now is absolutely amazing. The biggest appeal to him has got to be how hilarious he is. Most of the time I'm around him, I just want to smile. I have the biggest inkling he's about to make me laugh.

I feel a lot of comfort knowing I completely overlooked him the first time I met him. WAIT - Hear me out.

So he was in a group of his friends, and I met his 3 buddies before him. I was pretty taken with his friends; they were a charming group, So I shook his hand and met him that night, looking past him. There was no name nor a face to him. I simply overlooked him. I'm eating those words now.

When I skydived with him and his friends on Sunday, I got to know them all and see how they all interacted with each other. I got to see how they interacted with me. From human being to human being.

It was as clear as day how wrong my initial perceptions were. He wasn't unconfident nor awkward like I prejudged. He was incredibly funny, self-assured, and just brimmed with confidence. He was also very attractive. I almost feel as if I was temporarily blinded that night I met him, how could I not have paid attention?

So this person I overlooked, began to flesh out into someone I wouldn't take my eyes off of if I had the choice. But let me just say, the main draw is how I feel when I'm around him. I feel comfort in knowing my crush isn't merely physical. There's bound to be good conversations. I'm bound to be laughing so hard, I can't breathe. This is why he becomes more attractive by the minute.

I am crushing hard. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment