Monday, June 7, 2010

Language.

I'm a big proponent of language.

I don't like the word try. I don't like ambiguity. I don't like a lack of confidence and the way it used to be conveyed in my language.

There's a difference between feeling unsure and being unconfident.

Being unsure is the in-between, but it fully intends to head distinctly towards a decision. The other is resigned to failure. It submits to placing a bet not on themselves, because it fears what-if. "What if I don't get the job offer?" "What if I'm not good enough."

For myself, I'd rather have faith in myself and if things come my way that's great and I know great things are destined for me, but if things don't, then I believe the best fit was not for me there and I'm glad the other party was cognizant, but there are other great opportunities to come.

You can control your language. Your language can control the way others perceive you and help you greatly to your goals. The last thing you want is for everyone to clamor on your side and to believe you: you are not capable - you are not deserving - that you are not good enough.

I'm a huge proponent in believing the things you say will eventually be hard-wired in the way you carry yourself and your psychology. This is why method actors may have a hard time dealing with being a maladjusted character for an extended period of time. It seeps into your soul. The words you say - the habits you do - become you.

Excellence is a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment