Saturday, August 7, 2010

Surreal.

This was the official day where we did everything: we woke up early after staying up late, went to St Arnolds Brewery for a tour, ate at Lankford Grocery, and went to see a Midsummer Night's Dream.

It was surreal. This is the day where I became overwhelmed by the emotion that I hadn't seen how truly beautiful Houston was until that day. Until a group of interns showed me around my own city in their efforts to explore Houston themselves, did I see, what they saw. It is a city worth exploring even after complacency has set in.

I got to support a local brewery. Tried different kinds of microbrews and expanded my palette. Tried a local burger joint that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Blew my mind away by the taste and deliciousness of a home cooked burger. Smiled at the delight to pay in cash.

It was sitting outside in Miller Outdoor Theater, after trying to find parking and finding our group through the masses of people and pets, with the breeze through my hair, and the grass texture under me that I felt really happy. These are the irreplacable moments people dream about. I was brought back to my 9th grade A Mid-Summer Night's Dream acting where I fought to understand what was going on. It was nostalgia and newness rolled into one.

As Beebe nursed me her orange juice and a little something extra, I laughed as Jordan did it too. Good times, looking into the night sky, being absolutely care-free. Carefree is where I wanna be.

No comments:

Post a Comment