Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meet Pat.

I am patting myself on the back for the strides I've made today.

There's so much momentum, I'm so excited!

I'm all in. No more slight feet dragging. I'm looking for a job and I've started off with putting my contacts into HighRise, a contact management system that I firmly feel will work for me.

Today's just been a day of battling with adversity. I've been knocking all of these challenges down!

For starters, I have had my desktop computer back for a few months now, but I never use it much because I couldn't get the wireless internet to connect or even show on the computer. After much research on the internet in forums, and a USB device, I figured out the Wireless adapter I had, needed a driver that I had to install from the internet, which wasn't on my desktop. Oh the Catch 22 kills me. I need the internet to install a driver which will allow my internet to work. :) After some sweat, I got it done, and it felt very good to see some websites on a big screen and hear music through some great speakers.

Secondly, I have been meaning to schedule an appointment with my Honors advisor. Completely forgot about it until I saw an email about Fall 2010 Graduation Orientation. The next obstacle I met was with Peoplesoft. I forgot my password. I had the password sent. I click the link to schedule an appointment and some fatal error message appears on the browser. I would ordinarily stop right there and call it a night at 3:30am. But I didn't. I knew this was the only time I would consciously think about advising for the next month or so. So I trudged through, found my advisor's email (she's new) and sent her an email. Success!

With all of this progress, I feel infinitely more happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment