Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pride.

I've been getting all kinds of congrats left and right. Most notably my family, and it feels really good. :)

I went back home yesterday with my brother, and my relatives were over the house. So we had delicious banh mi, spring rolls, and pho ga. Oh my gosh, it was so good. So much family love.

We plan to have a family dinner in 2 weeks for this occasion and I'm looking forward to it very much.

The world has no idea how it feels to take down one's resume from the University Career Services and Bauer Career Gateway.

I feel FREE!

I want the world to know that it feels amazing to be able to focus on school since nearly all of my focus has been on the job search. Everything that happens in school from this point forward will have an undertone of no pressure. Of course I need to keep my grades up. But I'm really going to feel okay if I meet more social obligations, and hang out with my friends once in a while now. I've had to say goodbye to that component for these past 2 months, and it's been very difficult. I've also said goodbye to my extracurricular activities for the most part in these past 2 months.

I've been reading a lot of Study Hack blogs, and it's really changed the way I feel about overcommitment. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: overcommitment is not sexy. It stretches you thin, doesn't allow you to do a great job at one thing, instead it makes you mediocre at many things. Is this what people dream about?

I know my answer is no. So I'm making a commitment to myself to commit to less so I have more free time to discover my passions. This still means I won't have a lot of time for a social life, since I'm putting me first. But this is so very important. I think it'll make me a more decisive person and aware of what I like and what it is I want from the world. Because I know whatever I'll ask for in this world, I'll get it. And for the most part, I have. I just need to do some deeper digging!

No comments:

Post a Comment