Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wax On, Wax Off.

March 2011 - There was a new European Wax Center location opening up in Sugar Land and as part of their grand opening promotion were offering free waxing on everything if an appointment could be scheduled on one of three days. I was lucky enough to get a call through and I had my appointment set for a bikini wax. I had never had one before.

I figured, part of my mantra is, I should be willing to try anything as long as it’s not in violation with my morals, and the only thing keeping me from trying this was having the opportunity and perhaps the pain. Well, here was an opportunity, and I could always get past the pain. It’s only temporary.

So I make the long drive out to Sugar Land and it’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The sun is shining outside and I’m excited actually. The actual facility is so beautiful and clean. There’s white floors and stark black chandeliers that reminds me of urban outfitters meets Clinique as a wax center. :) It’s a bit of a wait, so I’m playing Words with Friends. I finally get called in by my esthetician, Hope. She’s kind and she’s experienced. I inform her that it’s my first time and ask for her to be gentle. Haha. Overall, it was not as bad as I expected. The wax really went a long way in mitigating the pain when it could have been more painful. It was a really good quality blue hot wax that didn’t require the use of a piece of cloth. The wax adhered to the skin and after a period of waiting, was simply pulled off firmly. Now there were certain times that were extraordinarily painful, but it was a good fun experience. The results are well worth it. Compared to laser hair removal, this isn’t as bad. The pain is completely different, and this pain is topical, while the other goes deep into the hair follicle.

At the end of the day, it is just hair. :) So glad to add another experience to my life resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment