Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas.

This was the first year, I didn't care about the presents. I used to feel like a collector, where I'd collect 'payment' or presents from everyone and for that end only. How empty. :( Over the year, the materialism has meant less and less. I don't want it to be who I am. "Is this physical thing going to make my life happier?" Usually it's a no. So I'm proud of myself for being able to let those desires go.

I was really happy at what I got, the little I did. For sure.

The thing that touched me the most was thinking to myself, "Someone thought about me. They thought about me enough to go out and use their money for my benefit. Also, they wrapped a present for me. They delivered it to me. For me."

For everyone that got me presents - it meant a lot to me.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year because it brings everyone together. It's really fun! As I played Just Dance and Just Dance 2 for 4 hours straight with my cousins, I forgot how fun it was to let go, let the adults do the planning, and just feast... play... and kick it. :) Great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment