Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Then and Now.

Sometimes when I feel like I am plateauing in my growth and that I haven't achieved real strides of progress I start to think about where I started. It's so far from where I am now, and I need to remember that.

I used to always drink sodas and loved white breads and ate lots of fried foods.

But I believe strongly in this quote: "When we know better, we do better."

I don't think twice about opting to drink water or juice instead of a soft drink, is one behavior that is far different than my childhood years.

Additionally, I remember all throughout my child and teen years, I never wore a bikini. I just wouldn't do it. I didn't have the self-confidence and I didn't work out. Now, it's all I wear when I'm lounging poolside or at the beach but I have to remember, I didn't start there. It was a huge and slow steady race that I finished.

I wasn't the one to strike conversation with a stranger in line and I wasn't one to offer a smile at others without cause. My modus operandi was to be quiet and let others know me. My face, often expressionless.

I don't have to be able to do an Ironman tomorrow. But I know that if I change my life slowly, for the better, and become stronger, faster, and healthier than I was yesterday, then I WILL GET THERE.

This post is to celebrate the journey I've taken. I've become more positive, smarter, stronger, healthier, loving, and considerate than I've ever been - in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment