Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Inner Calm.

I feel like I have inner calm most days, and I'm proud of myself for keeping on a pretty good track record with my eating and fitness habits. I truly believe that when your mind, body, and soul align you're on your way to true fulfillment and happiness.

I've had a sore throat and to be quite honest, I've had sick symptoms since Saturday. I've had some coughing, sneezing, and other things. It's been a pain to go to work this way.

I called my stepparents to let them know how my new big girl job is going, since another one of my personal goals is to be a more considerate person, especially to my family. I was leaving work, and my sore throat sounded SO TERRIBLE, there were moments where my dad could not understand me. I had to stand back and laugh at the situation to be truthful. He didn't understand, but I tried to inform him the best I could with short and loud sentences that I was fine, work was good, and I didn't know why my voice was tragic.

I went home around half past 6, and I ended up taking a nap and feeling good that I touched base with them.

I woke up a little later, and found my phone blown up from my step mom's calls and voicemails signifying that she and my dad were already on their way.

I was shocked, but bracing myself for it. I called her back, and she re-affirmed what I already knew. I was really touched that they decided to come see me and give me medicine even without me really wanting or asking. I really was okay, I could have easily went to get medicine myself.

They both arrived, and my brother was caught off guard, and they delivered PHO (OH MY GOD I LOVE MY STEPPARENTS), Dayquil, cough drops, snacks, and some more food.

Wow.

I think about their consideration and care, and I can nearly cry. The next day when I finally sat down and had the pho, it was the most comforting thing I've had in a while. It really meant a lot to me, and was probably one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me, and I sincerely appreciate it.

Moments like those make life worth living. I need to call them and tell them how much I love them and how amazing the pho was.

No comments:

Post a Comment