Sunday, January 24, 2010

Workin' Hard.

I'm still very moved by the fact that Conan O'Brien, my favorite late night talk show host no longer has his own show. I won't even have the opportunity to fall asleep to Conan unless I Hulu.com him or something. He left us a nugget of wisdom on the air of his last show.

One of his quotes was this. "To all the people watching, I can never ever thank you enough for the kindness to me, I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask is one thing, and this is.. I'm asking this particularly of young people that watch: Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism - for the record it's my least favorite quality, it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."

As I've been working all day on UNICEF related projects, and I plan to still, it's because it's a labor of love and I believe in the progress that I will achieve. :)

Time to make folders to get food donors for the Hunger Banquet, email Dean Kelley about the details of such, email Marcela about our projects and our need for volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment