Friday, February 19, 2010

Fueled By Others.

Today is the night before my brother goes to the Beyond Excellence Leadership Program! He has been utterly FREAKING out. I love it. This is exactly the mindset he needs to get the most impactive, sustainable weekend in his life.

I'm just doing a run through of all the walls I hit, all the things I learned that weekend, and all the activities I did. I still pinch myself at moments because that was incredible. Who would've thought that our instructor could push all 26 of us to our limits?

I made his care package and it was a blast. As I wrote down little notes in his encouragement cards, I tried to think what events happened when. I certainly do not remember. I do remember going through the program and thinking of my mom and dad and friends at home, with my mouth open, in disbelief at how different our lives were in that present moment. While I was here, meeting new people and experiencing trust and real team work, I knew my friends were back home doing comfortable things they have always been doing.

I know my brother will be transformed by Sunday. I'm on the other side of the fence, and I feel that I've gotten good at what I've done. I need to step out of my comfort zone once again. Thanks for the refresh bro. See ya on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment