Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Interconnectedness.

As I write my globalization paper...

I've thought about the concept of interconnectedness. This is where the time and space paradigm erode and the ability for ideas, people, and things to communicate feels a step away.

Now more than ever, I feel like the world is at my fingertips.

I love that feeling. I love not having any barriers in becoming the person I want to be.

Every door is open. If I need to find more information about classes or programs I want to pursue, that professor's door is OPEN. They want to give you more information! If I need people to help, I have to ask the friends I have, and see if they will, or if they can lead me to other people. It surprised me so much this week as I began the experiment of simply ASKING. There's opportunity everywhere if you seek it. For me, there are certainly people I want to meet that I'll have to meet from scratch. Even if I don't know someone, if I have a legitimate reason and I want to badly enough, I can create a relationship. I know I can. I know I will. Interconnectedness is like a cobweb. The people you meet stand at certain regions because of the sphere of influence they affect. These past few weeks, through the participation of many events, I've been making webs from person to person, carrying them with me. Meeting new people is one of my greatest joys.

In this life being earnest, persistent, optimistic, hard-working, humble, and passionate is what's going to get me very far. I have already stepped up to the plate and shouted: I will do great things!

Why hasn't the whole word shouted this in unison? Doesn't our mere existence, and the miracle of it mean that we are destined for greatness?

No comments:

Post a Comment