Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Giving It Away.

I got a phone call last night from a good friend of mine. I was out celebrating with my family about my brother's BE graduation so I didn't hear it.

Here's some background: I helped her a while ago with her classes and mentally prepping her to be excited for her life and her academic career.

She called last night to touch base and it was the sweetest voicemail ever. She profusely thanked me for my help with her classes and said it meant a lot.

To me, it's reflexive, and it causes me a slight physical pain to draw attention to it because my biggest congratulations is always how I feel after and seeing the changes happen. I honestly would rather see the change impact someone's life and to see the sustainable shifts happen. That is what brightens my LIFE!

To me, it's not over with her until I know that she anchors the lessons she learned in the form of concrete actions and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment