Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pain.

I think about all the pain my father, mother, and step parents have been through.

I can only begin to imagine. To escape communism, political strife, to have no support save the promise of one's own ambition, and no reputation or foundation to give a boost -- to start. A world where thousands of things could go wrong. I'm driven by their focus on everything that could go right. When I think about the pain, I think about how they are still alive, and smiling. The past for my parents does not matter. I can see their flesh, blood in their veins, and bones even though I can only physically see their skin. I admire the people they are, after what the world has put them through, because I know just as easily as they can smile, they can be jaded, hardened, unaffected by the world around them.

I want to place my hand in theirs. A signal to say that everything in the past doesn't matter, and that everything in the present and future will be complete. It'll be okay. But sometimes the best can only be achieved if life's possibilities are realized and that one need not to look any further. Life is exactly how it should be. This is a huge source of inspiration for me.

Have you ever believed in something so much that you'd be willing to die for it? I believe in humanity.

Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment