Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Body.

After BE, I remember looking in the mirror and smiling so big.

I smiled more than I ever have in my life, and I recall saying, I AM SO BEAUTIFUL. HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS FACT FOR SO LONG?

I definitely think I'm still beautiful, but those nagging correcting comments are coming to the surface more and more often.

Understanding my body shape, and not comparing it to others has been one of the single-handed most challenging things to deal with.

I have to understand the way I'm built means I have an athletic build. A few extra pounds will go to the wrong places, and it will look a bit off. I can't compare myself to others that can eat whatever because we're built differently. I have to work harder, eat smarter, and treat my body better.

I know I will do more to work out. But in the meantime, I will remember the way I smiled at myself - so in love - and remember that I am deserving of that affection, no matter how I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment