Monday, May 3, 2010

Associative Member.

To me, I have the understanding that the biggest thing I can do is defend all of those associations I have. It is the pride, respect, the honor.

A long time ago, I thought in terms of being a member of America. There weren't many other associations I had. I wasn't proud of my high school. I wasn't proud of my Vietnamese culture. I wasn't proud of being female.

Up until now.

I am American.
I am female.
I am Vietnamese.
I went to Klein Oak High School.
I go to the University of Houston.
I am a business major.
I am studying Management Information Systems.
I love psychology.
I love 19430123 bands and musicians.
I am a part of the Discover Leadership family.
I am Generation Y.
I am Texan.
I am a Houstonian.
I am a humanitarian and proud UNICEFian.
I am in the Honors College.
I love yoga.
I love photography.

And what it all comes down to is... even this is creating a dividing line.

I am HUMAN. The other ties that bind are secondary. My association with the human race, the family of brothers and sisters around me is most important.

If I am compelled to put the other traits before my human association, then I need to fall back and think of the person, not the argument. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment