Monday, July 19, 2010

Cathartic.

I felt like I was too much in my comfort zone tonight.

I had to get out of it.

I was at Spotlight Karaoke. People before me kept singing in twos and fives and just swaying back and forth, not taking the limelight. That seems completely paradoxical to the act of singing on stage.

So I decided. Pick a song I want to sing.

I first stumbled upon Alanis Morissette after Sara and I glossed over her, when we picked Baby One More Time together.

I went back. Alone. Picked Thank U. It was a quick process.

An eternity passed, and I had those nervous butterflies that only I knew about.

My voice cracked, and who the hell cares, I sang my heart and soul out in that song.

Thank you India. Thank you consequence. Thank you disillusionment.

Thank you, THANK YOU SILENCE!

I got so much love after I sang the song. But I was so proud of myself for singing and being true to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment