Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gives Me Hope.

A friend of mine in the group is constantly checking in with me and makes sure I get home okay. It's a simple text message, but it means I'm not out of sight, out of mind. I really appreciate that. He gives me hope.

In addition, a leadership instructor told me she began running after 40, and has done a marathon and a handful of half marathons. That has impressed me so much. The fact that she didn't begin running before. She on regular occasion runs 6 miles. She remembers the first time she ran 5 miles in a row was the biggest accomplishment and one of the biggest adrenaline rushes she's felt.

Wow. These people, in different ways, give me hope. One for their quiet consideration. He's a southern gentleman at heart. And she's someone that's had her struggles but has overcome them beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment