Thursday, October 14, 2010

Jimmy John's.

I deserved it for a week well done.

Jimmy John's run. I was flexible enough. I took my brother's car keys since he parked behind me, and winged it. Looked at Google Maps on my phone and found it, like a beautiful oasis in an urban jungle. I walked in and immediately felt so comfortable.

I ordered two #4's. Mmmmm, most delicious turkey sandwiches, that make me fall in love with mayo all over again. I noted how clean it was, and I chatted with the workers. I was the only one there, and it was beautiful at the love that seemed to exist to create this room. As I left, the cashier mentioned I should make sure to come back. I said, sure. Of course.

As I drove back, I felt free. I had ownership of my time and my exertion of effort. Only me, and that's how it should be. :)

Today was a very productive day.

Client meeting went very well. All of our pages were accepted, save for a few simple amendments. Only things left are the manual creation, making the small changes, and migrating the pages this Sunday. That is it!

I had a great time in DeFrank's class, talking about selection decisions, downsizing, forced rankings, promotions, hiring, recruiting, etc. It's a fascinating topic.

INTB was a good class. Our professor was taking time to go over the improvements she'd be making, like talking slower. LOL. She made an analogy of Pink Floyd, The Wizard of Oz and the monetary policy. Interesting.

Another great component of my day was going to the library, and browsing for MIS books with Javier and getting tacos from the HBSA fundraiser. YUM! It has been SO LONG since I was able to just eat outside and enjoy. It was a great day indeed.

Lastly, I've made the decision to go to Austin for Halloween, so I'm very excited about that. I've spoken to Derek, Sally, and Kyle about it. They're all excited for my arrival! Before I slept tonight, I talked to my stepmom and discussed when my brother and I could visit. And I spoke to Vivian on the phone for nearly 2 hours and some change just to catch up on our respective lives. :) <3 her.

No comments:

Post a Comment