Friday, October 15, 2010

More Interviews.

I felt very comfortable heading into my interviews today.

The first was a consulting firm I've been thinking about for nearly 2 years. However, I did my research on them last night. It felt like a great fit. Being challenged, developed, and working on projects in a variety of industries and clients.

Behavioral interview, and I think it went okay. :) Not my BEST but I definitely came with my A-game.

The questions were:
*What was my favorite class overall?
*What was my favorite MIS class?
*Do an analysis called a 'QUAL' for how I solved a problem. I used my internship as an example.
*How did I approach an ambiguous situation?
*What would you ask someone coming into consulting, to try to get a sense of who they are and if they're a good fit? Answer this question.
*What questions do you have?

It went by very quickly.

I definitely had time to regroup afterwards and do much better on my next interview with a natural gas firm.

A group of 3 males took turns asking me questions:
*Why Williams?
*Why did you choose MIS as a major?
*What is your favorite class?
*Name a situation in which you took the lead?
*If you could give advice to your 18 year old self starting college, what would you say?
*Do you prefer team or individual work?
*What 2 technologies do you know the best on your resume?
*What questions do you have for us?

These group of guys were so nice and wonderful. I'd love to work with them. They gave me honest answers when I asked what the weaknesses of the company were. They were always smiling and making jokes. I felt so comfortable.

I went home to the family to eat banh xeo tonight. This made me very happy to know that I have reconciled with my parents. :) I listened to my Samantha James CD that I just bought.

It's good just to sit back and relax a bit before I start prepping like mad for my TP2 midterm. :D I've got this! I'm an ace! And it's made even better because my best friend is coming to Spring tonight! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment