Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Locked Out.

Being locked out isn't so bad.

I'm at the UH library, making use of my time since I am not current on my blog post requirements for myself! :)

I was making a lot of progress, starting my loads of laundry, sweeping the hall, stairs, the bathroom, and my bedroom, and as I was dusting off my rug, I went outside to do that, and when I came back... locked door.

Being locked out isn't new to me, but as I sat outside for 20 minutes or so, I thought of the possibilities just to think. My mind brainstormed.

*I could walk around the neighborhood, and go on the jogging trail by MacGregor and witness the beauty.
*I could go to the UH library, about a 10 minute walk away, and try to text my brother using Gmail, and correspond that way.

I ended up doing the latter. :) Thanks to my friend Catherine for texting me from her Gmail before, so I knew that it was definitely possible to text this way. Gmail SMS is a great choice I think - that way if my brother texts me back, it goes into Gchat, and I can access it right there. It's completely free. Not like I could pay for anything at the moment.

It's strange to me. For once in a very, very long time, I have nothing on me but my name. As I walked on the streets, I felt homeless, which didn't feel great. But on the upside, I felt fiercely independent. I knew no one could take anything from me. There was a weight off of my shoulders of not carrying valuable cash, credit cards, or an expensive wallet. Of course, I am valuable, but it's different when you're carrying something like money, which becomes a universal commodity.

I had a realization. At the end of the day, it's what's in my head that is the most valuable. That's what I'm recruiting for. A company out there wants me, with all of my knowledge, skills, and personality, to get the job done.

:) My brother just texted me back from Gchat SMS. Things are gonna be alright. As long as you're alive, there is a way of looking at things on the brightside. Things will be okay. It gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment