Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Imagination.

My imagination is alive and thriving. It feels so fantastic. I feel like I haven't awakened that side of me in a long time. :)

As I plan certain side-businesses I could have to garner some income to help with my ambitious travel plans and countdown to being a legit professional, I started to think about the possibilities. I started to think of myself in that entrepreneurial role, which has been dormant since I've been President of UNICEF and always was thinking of innovative ways to connect the mission of UNICEF to the heart of UH. To make it better, more efficient, more active, more compassionate, and just, MORE overall. So far, I have a few leads, and I even made a mind map on potential freelancing gigs I could create. It's the absolute freedom and lack of pressure to succeed that I'm really excited about. It's similar to being able to answer the question, if you could create something without the fear of failure, what would you do? I feel like I'm making an attempt to answer that question, and it's pretty dang cool. I have a safety net, come the end of Summer.

Additionally, even getting a legitimate job at a company stirs a lot of excitement for me. I dug deep and unearthed that I think it'd be neat to work in fashion or a marketing agency. Or something I haven't thought of, because it wasn't a strategic decision for my career, I can do it in the Spring because the only parameter is that it has to help me pay for traveling. The more I think about it, it doesn't even have to help me pay for traveling. If the opportunity presents itself, I will weigh the potential experience over any unpaid internship that would blow my mind.

It's like a breath of fresh air to be able to THINK and to QUESTION assumptions. I get to exercise my entrepreneurial spirit and do anything that I please. It's also a great time to rally my friends for their opinions and really put all my learning to good use as I find out what works and what doesn't.

Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment