Sunday, November 7, 2010

SYTYCD.

February 2011 - I finished 7 glorious seasons of SYTYCD. I've met so many dancers and have felt like I've grown with them. I started out, and Nick Lazzarinni was 20 years old, and I've watched over 7 years of growth.

I feel left with a strange feeling, like I've completed something immense by just chipping away at it. I have this huge respect and appreciation for dance now, and it's fully attributed to SYTYCD. I know what a developpe is, and what lines are. I have been exposed to the many styles of ballroom and latin dancing like samba, quickstep, cha cha, argentine tango, and the paso doble.

I feel like I had a journey with some amazing dancers like Nick Lazzarinni, Melody Lacayanga, Benji Schwimmer, Travis Wall, Heidi, Allison, Donyelle, Neil Haskell, Danny, Sabra, Lacey, Twitch, Katee, Josh, Jeanine, Jakob, Russell, Mollee, Billy Bell, Alex Wong, Lauren Froderman, Jose, Kathryn, Legacy, Pasha, Kent, Ade, Nathan, and Robert. There's no way I can possibly pick a favorite. They are all so beautiful in their own ways and I am grateful that I could watch them at my own pace and appreciation.

I miss it and I can't wait this summer so I can fall in love with SYTYCD all over again.

I remember watching SYTYCD in my living room upstairs and being so enthralled by these beautiful dancers. I love watching the audition episodes the most. That's where you meet such a wide variety of dancers and fall in love with some of them for the first time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment