Friday, December 10, 2010

"Risk to Succeed."

I have forgotten who said this but they mentioned as a creator or an artist, when you stop feeling uncomfortable about what you're presenting, when it becomes fail-safe, things need to change. Essentially, there should always be a certain level of rawness and vulnerability to the work that can be measured in how you feel when you've put your heart, body, and soul into it.

Before this year, I would say I haven't tapped into my creative greatness that I know is in me. I'm a late-bloomer when it comes to being creative and committing to it. In high school, I dabbled in art but always played it safe.

I think having intent and following through from that way will radically transform my art.

Action and energy follow thought.

When you take the necessary risks to succeed then you will never fail. You will never fail because you were a volunteer for your growth and were focused on success. You're actually in the game, and that's more commendable than greatness on the benches.

No comments:

Post a Comment