Monday, December 27, 2010

Touched.

My dad got to me when he told me his views about friendship. 'They are temporary. Family is the only one you can truly count on. If something happened to you, which of your so called friends would come help you out? Get your phone out right now. Tell them you need help because you're stranded somewhere. Which of them are your friends?

I was insulted at the accusations. I was frustrated. It's a matter of opinion.

Time abated my strong feelings.

I told my best friend what happened.. the words that upset me.

I said, "My dad asked, 'If you were out stranded in between Houston to Austin because your car broke down, who would help you out?'"

Immediately in between my story, he said, "I would come get you."

That statement touched my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment